While maintaining again tears, radio host Rickey Smiley introduced that his teenage daughter have been shot over the weekend. As this liked comic rushes to his child woman’s aspect, right here’s what you want to understand.
“My youngest daughter was shot last night. Aaryn, she in the hospital right now,” Rickey Smiley stated all through the July 6 episode of the Rickey Smiley Morning Show. As he struggled to take care of his composure, the comic/radio display host published that his 19-year-old daughter is “doing alright” and lately looking forward to surgical procedure at a Houston health center. According to Rickey, his daughter used to be getting foot at a Whataburger over the weekend when photographs rang out. “That’s why I can’t have focus — I’m just so angry right now. … I’m trying to focus, trying to do the show, trying to figure out – because there aren’t hardly any flights, because of COVID. I’m [going to] have to fly to Dallas and then drive down to Houston.”
“She’s crying. She’s scared. I can’t get to her,” he added. “I just hate it.” The Official @RickeySmileyMorningShow Instagram shared an image of him along Aaryn, and requested for lovers to “please continue to keep Aaryn, Rickey, and the Smiley family in your prayers.” Back on his radio display, Rickey vented about his frustration over gun violence. “This is no discredit to Black Lives Matters because I believe that, and I am with that movement, but there are some criminals in our community that we need to do something about…I get the luxury of going to the hospital, but just think about all the parents that got to go pick out a casket this morning!”
As Rickey and his circle of relatives care for his terrible incident, right here’s what you want to understand.
1. Rickey Smiley is a comic, tv host, and nationally syndicated radio persona. The guy born Broderick Smiley has almost accomplished all of it. The Alabama local were given his get started in 2000 because the host of BET’s ComicView, in line with AllMusic. From there, his occupation took off like a rocket. In addition to webhosting his radio display, Rickey may also be noticed on Dish Nation. He’s the megastar of his personal sitcom (The Rickey Smiley Show) and truth TV collection (Rickey Smiley For Real), each on TV One. As a comic, he’s been featured on Def Comedy Jam and Showtime on the Apollo. He’s additionally been in movies like Baggage Claim, Stomp The Yard 2: Homecoming, and Friday After Next.
2. Rickey is understood for his prank calls. In the grand custom of Howard Stern and the Jerky Boys, Rickey perfected the prank name after touchdown the morning display at KBFB in Dallas, Texas, in 2004. Using a complete forged of characters, Rickey would wreak havoc on unsuspecting bystanders, however he in the end outgrew it. “I have a whole new act now,” he instructed the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I used to run backstage and do a real quick change and do a character. I might start that again eventually, but I have so much stuff, you know, turning 50 and it’s so funny. I’m really excited. It’s just stories – the kids, the grandson, stuff like that.”
3. He’s with regards to Erykah Badu. “We’ve been friends since college,” he stated of Erykah Badu when speaking to the Sun-Sentinel in 2019. “She went to Grambling [State University], and I went to Alabama State [University]. And all that time we’ve been doing what you call ‘snapping’ on each other, or ‘playing the dozens.’ We’ve been doing that since college, way before either one of us was famous. Then we went to work under Steve Harvey, right out of college. We are like best friends. She’s like my sister from another mother. We absolutely love each other.”
4. He’s the daddy of ten children. Sorta. “I have two biological kids,” he stated all through a 2015 episode of The Real. “The rest are adopted, mixed with nieces and nephews.” Rickey stated that dropping his father when he used to be six-years-old impressed him to “opening up [his] heart and home” to kids of equivalent instances.
5. He’s a fraternity guy. “Rickey also is an esteemed and honored member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity,” reads his web page’s bio, “and Kappa Kappa Psi National Band fraternity.”