Vikas Dubey, the main killer of eight policemen in Kanpur, has been arrested from the Mahakal temple in Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. Vikas was absconding since the killing of policemen on the night of July 2. Police from 10 states were looking for him. After the murder, he remained in Kanpur for two days. It was then seen in Faridabad. On the morning of 9 July, he was arrested in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan spoke to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath over the case of Vikas Dubey’s arrest from Ujjain. Madhya Pradesh Police will now hand over Vikas Dubey to UP Police.
Read the full 7-day event
- July 2 – Police arrested three policemen in Bikaru village to arrest Vikas Dubey, Vikas’s gang killed eight policemen.
- July 3 – Police encounters Vikas’s maternal uncle Prem Prakash Pandey and aide Atul Dubey at seven in the morning.
- July 4 – Police develops bulldozers at Vikas Tiwari’s house. His luxury cars are broken. The search operation went on all night. In the night, IG Mohit Aggarwal said that it was information that Vikas had hidden weapons in the walls of his house by choosing. Therefore action is being taken.
- July 5 – Police surrounded Vikas’s servant and special aide Dayashankar alias Kallu Agnihotri. Dayashankar was injured due to police firing. He revealed that Vikas had planned and attacked the policemen beforehand.
- July 6 – Police arrested 3, including Amar’s mother Kshama Dubey and Dayashankar’s wife Rekha. At the time of the shootout incident, the police had approached Kshama Dubey to avoid the miscreants, but Kshama instead of helping, told the miscreants the location of the police. Rekha was also helping the miscreants.
- July 7 – In this case Vinay Tiwari is transferred from the post of STF DIG to the then DIG Anant Dev on the charge of not taking action. All the 68 policemen of the Chaubepur police station were moved to the line. Police releases posters of 15 companions of development.
- July 8 – On Vikas Dubey, the reward is increased from 2.5 lakhs to five lakhs. STF killed Amar Dubey, close to Vikas. Prabhat Mishra arrested 10 miscreants.
- July 9 – Vikas Dubey’s henchmen were killed in Prabhat Mishra and Baua Dubey encounter. After this, Vikas Dubey was arrested from Ujjain.
Who is Vikas Dubey
History Sheeter Vikas Dubey is the main accused in the 2001 murder of Santosh Shukla, Minister of State. In the year 2000, Vikas Dubey’s name was also mentioned in the murder of Siddheshwar Pandey, assistant manager of Tarachand Inter College located in Shivli police station area of Kanpur. Vikas Dubey is accused of conspiring within the jail in the murder of Rambabu Yadav in the year 2000 in the Shivli police station area of Kanpur.
Vikas is also accused in the murder of cable businessman Dinesh Dubey in the year 2004. In 2001, he entered the Shivli police station in Kanpur countryside and sat in the inspector room and fired on the then Labor Contract Board Chairman, Minister of State, Santosh Shukla, who was a Minister of State. Was acquitted from the case due to no witnesses.