Steve Bing, recognized equally for his producing credit in massive movies and hefty donations, has reportedly handed away. Learn extra concerning the famed father of Elizabeth Hurley’s son, Damian.
Steve Bing rocked Hollywood together with his passing on June 22. While the official reason behind the movie producer and political donor’s demise has but to be introduced, he allegedly jumped from the 27th flooring “of a luxury apartment building in L.A.’s Century City neighborhood,” regulation enforcement sources informed TMZ. HollywoodLife has reached out to Steve’s rep on these claims, and didn’t hear again by the point of publication.
Steve reportedly lived on this constructing, and had been “depressed about lack of human contact during quarantine,” based on sources linked to the famed enterprise man. Again, the reason for his demise has not been confirmed. HollywoodLife has additionally reached out to the Los Angeles Police Department, and a spokesperson for the LAPD supplied the next assertion: “On June 22, 2020 at 1:00 P.m., LAPD West LA Division is investigating a Death investigation of a male, adult in his 50’s. The radio call was in the 10000 block of Santa Monica Boulevard.”
1. Steve dated Elizabeth Hurley for 18 months. A gathering between Steve and the Estee Lauder mannequin in 2000 sparked a passionate relationship that led to the delivery of a child boy: Damian Hurley. He’s now 18 years previous and a mannequin. Damian’s delivery was accompanied by drama, nevertheless; Steven initially doubted he was the daddy of Elizabeth’s son.
“Ms Hurley and I were not in an exclusive relationship when she became pregnant. It is her choice to be a single mother. If indeed I am the father, I will be an extremely involved and responsible parent,” he introduced in an announcement in April of 2002, following Damian’s delivery, based on The Guardian. A DNA take a look at quickly confirmed that Steve was certainly Damian’s father. HollywoodLife has additionally reached out to Elizabeth’s rep within the wake of Steve’s tragic passing.
Elizabeth Hurley poses for a photograph together with her son, Damian Hurley.
2. Steve was a well-known author and producer in Hollywood. Thanks to a $600 million inheritance from his grandfather, actual property developer Leo S. Bing, Steve was in a position to drop out of Stanford University and kick-start his profession in leisure. He served as an government producer/producer on movies like Get Carter (starring Sylvester Stallone), The Big Bounce (starring Owen Wilson), Bob Marley’s self-named documentary in 2012 and Rules Don’t Apply (starring Lily Collins). He’s additionally well-known for investing round $80 million within the beloved 2004 animated youngsters’s movie, The Polar Express, starring Tom Hanks.
3. His most well-known credit score is being the author of Kangaroo Jack. Steve penned the screenplay for the 2003 comedy, starring Anthony Anderson and Jerry O’Connell, with Scott Rosenberg.
4. Steve was renown for his generosity in politics. The enterprise man used his wealth to again many Democratic causes. He put in $2,800 in direction of Elizabeth Warren’s presidential marketing campaign in March of 2019 (earlier than she dropped out of the race), based on the Center For Responsive Politics. Steve was even near Bill Clinton, and coated the prices of the previous Democratic president’s return flight from North Korea with the previously captured American journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee.
5. He based Shangri-La Entertainment. The movement image and video tape manufacturing firm has introduced quite a lot of iconic movies to the field workplace: The Polar Express, For Your Consideration, Youth in Revolt, Rock the Kashbah and Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
If you or a cherished one are battling suicidal ideas, please name the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. It will present assist ASAP freed from cost, and your telephone name will stay confidential. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days per week.